- Yarn of any color. (Hint–The larger the weave of the yarn, the easier it will be to work with. Don’t choose a super thin yarn for young kids. They’ll be wrapping forever, and the glue will make a big mess!)
- Foam craft cone (I always buy them at craft stores with a 40-50% off coupon.)
- Craft glue
- Straight pins with colored tops
- Beads and buttons
- Begin at the bottom of the cone by drawing a bead of glue across the bottom edge of the cone.
- Press yarn into the glue, and continue wrapping it completely around the bottom of the cone.
- Continue to add more glue as you go, making a continuous “snake” of yarn around the entire cone.
- When you reach the top of the cone, continue gluing and wrapping until your reach the top center–making a neat coil across the top.
- Decorate by attaching buttons and beads with decorative straight pins. My girls were pretty tame with their decorations. The possibilities are endless.
from Blogger http://day-diy.blogspot.com/2016/08/yarn-tree-christmas-craft-for-kids.html